How do you know if the apprenticeship program is right for you?
While the Rockingham Apprenticeship and Technical Opportunities Program offers students opportunities across a range of fields, there are some general characteristics that you can use as a guide to know if you will be happy and successful in an apprenticeship.
- Do you enjoy science, math, or technology?
- Do you like to work with others on a team?
- Do you arrive at school on time and complete assignments on time?
- Do you like the idea of starting your career now?
If you can answer yes to these questions, apprenticeship may be just the path for you!
The apprenticeship program also has some specific requirements for applicants.
Student Apprenticeship Requirements
- Minimum GPA of 2.8
- Must be a high school junior or senior in Rockingham County (public, private, charter or NC registered home school)
- Rockingham Community College Placement Test or Equivalent (can be arranged after application submission)
- Math 1, Math 2, and Math 3
- Consistent attendance (No more than 5 absences per year)
- Eligible for work in the United States
- Eligible to attend Rockingham Community College
- Attend AT LEAST one open house at a partner company in November/December. (dates subject to change)
Recommended High School Courses
- Technology, Engineering & Design
- Computer Application Courses
- Automotive Technology
- Any Rockingham Community College class in the Applied and Industrial Technology Department including machining classes at Reidsville High School
Start Your Application Now!